Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
The Coordinator, Visual Merchandising supports the Visual Manager, GM to organize and implement creative and innovative visual strategies that drive sales, maximize contribution and reinforce Indigo brand messaging. The position provides technical, administrative and communication support in the execution of the Visual Merchandising Period Story process for each season.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Supports the Visual Manager, GM to manage and organize the Period story process including line reviews, lab store set up, visual workbooks and merchandising updates
- Supports the Visual Manager, GM to create and deliver high impact visual merchandising communication to drive store execution and deliver on Indigo’s strategic objectives
- Assists in the creation of Period story Visual workbooks that are comprehensive, user friendly and clearly communicated
- Provides technical support through expert knowledge in Mock shop and Adobe suite
- Supports the Visual Manager, GM in overseeing the Visual Studio scheduling and organization
- Partners with the Visual Manager, GM to execute the Sign process for the Period Story and special projects as assigned
- Manages and resolves Indigo Help inquiries for areas of responsibility
- Supports seasonal changeovers and store openings in key locations as assigned.
- Participates in the Lab store set up
- Act a liaison between the visual team and vendors to manage and follow up on projects, propping and fixtures rollouts.
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all decision-making and design processes
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
- Embrace and seek out technology that creates high tech and high touch solutions for Indigo’s customers
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Share technical knowledge with others and actively seek to learn from those more knowledgeable than yourself
- Help others see the impacts of their efforts and proactively engage other functions to get input
- Encourage others to freely share their point of view and be open to feedback
- Model Indigo’s beliefs and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes
- Embrace, champion and influence change through your team and/or the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- University degree or College diploma in Visual Merchandising or a related field
- Min 2-3 years of related Visual merchandising experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly developed organization and problem-solving skills
- Technical expertise, ability to use a wide range of programs (Mockshop, InDesign, Excel)
- Creative ability to organize ideas, photos, renderings and instruction in an inspiring way
- Team player, ability to work within a team and cross-functionally
- Occasional travel to store openings may be required
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Coordinator, Visual MerchandisingApply
Committed to Measuring, Tracking and Improving Diversity & Inclusion