Warehouse Supervisor - Afternoon Shift
Full-time | Brampton, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Shift: Afternoon ( 3 PM to 11 PM )
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
As the Warehouse Supervisor, you will support the leadership team to cultivate an environment that promotes authentic best-in-class employee and customer experiences and are guided by our culture and our mission of adding joy. Your role as a Team Leader is one of collaboration, innovation, inspiration, support, and coaching and in doing so; you help to sustain a high performing culture and deliver business results. You consistently role model the Indigo Beliefs and are a leader that sets examples for your team to follow. You are the SME for all operational processes and productivity.
- Manage the daily operations of:
- DC Support area and/or
- Put To Light or Batch Picking areas and/or
- Inbound area and/or
- Outbound area and/or
- Online services and/or any other functions as assigned.
- Provide direction and management to all operation’s employees.
- Provide direction and management to all operation’s employees.
- Execute the daily operating plan for the facility while ensuring inventory accuracy, quality, and productivity goals are being met.
- Ensure adequate staffing within your area to meet the operating plan.
- Report to Team Manager on your area’s performance related to quality, productivity, service and cost.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- Engagement – Overall facility engagement scores
- Safety – accidents within your area of responsibility
- Quality – quality rate within your area determined through QA processes
- Service – performance of your area against daily production plans
- Cost – overall productivity rates within your area as compared to goals
- Support and empower Team Members to make decisions, create a highly engaged and high performing team.
- Role models Indigo’s High Performance Characteristics
- Participate in the recruiting and developing a high-performing team that is accountable for creating a best-in-class employee experience
- Works with the Team Manager to develop internal talent; building a bench for future business needs
- Provide consistent, and on-going feedback to your team
- Look for opportunities for self-development and provide continuous feedback to Team Manager
- Lead by example by following all Indigo policies and procedures
- Work in a team environment, communicating effectively with all levels of team while maintaining an adequate level of confidentiality
- Participate in annual performance appraisal with Team Manager
- Effectively conduct and deliver disciplinary actions, as needed to your team
- Ensure that facility cleanliness is maintained daily.
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are being followed and safety hazards are addressed immediately.
- Conduct a daily start up meeting with your team. These meetings should be used to update your group on:
- Standings on measured goals
- Employee recognition
- Information regarding the business
- Upcoming events/business
- Set reasonable and concise expectations for each member of your team.
- Regularly recognize employees for contributions or achievements.
- Cultivates an environment of trust where the opinions, voices, and well-being of employees are valued, enabling people to bring their best selves to work
- Inspires a customer-centric culture bringing to life Indigo’s mission of creating joy and enriching lives, and the Indigo Distribution Centre’s mission of shipping joy and knowledge
- Fosters an environment where everyone knows their health and safety is a top priority and where everyone actively participates in ensuring the health and safety of each other
- Is an agent of change
- Responds to employee feedback in a timely manner ensuring that the employee remains a top priority
- Establishes high performance peer relationships
- Maintains and nourishes relationships with all Indigo employees and business partners
- Remains current and communicates all changes, events and programs
- Ensures team compliance to all corporate and departmental work policies and procedures
- Ensures teams drive best-in-class employee engagement
- Records and investigates all incidents/accidents and promotes a safe work environment
- Act as a decision maker for all areas of the operation. Escalate all critical failures and/or potential customer issues to the Team Manager as they arise.
- Work with Team Manager to meet staffing requirements and operating plan.
- Participate and sometimes lead projects pertaining to cost control or operations improvement.
- Leads Operational excellence by ensuring 5S standards and ensuring execution of Indigo’s inbound and outbound processes
- Maintains inventory management processes and inventory accountability throughout all processes
- Set and maintain goals for your areas of responsibility. Gains alignment with Team Manager on goals and objectives each day
- Responsibility for the financial, service, and quality results of your areas.
- Monitor and maintain a floor presence to aid in determining process improvement needs and resources to correct failures in a timely fashion, to meet all service quality demands of customers.
- Drive productivity and staffing within your areas to meet that budget or improve upon it.
- Consistently meets and exceeds KPIs
- Work cross functionally and cross shifts between all areas of the Distribution Centre to support the needs of the business
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experience working in a fast paced team based environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a warehouse environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a supervisory role
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Experience or knowledge of RF technology
- Warehouse management systems experience, SAP/EWM preferred
- Experience or knowledge of material handling equipment theory
- Ability to conduct team meetings and group trainings
- Experience in or knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
- Knowledge of general Health & Safety requirements
- Ability to identify best practices and process improvements
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High energy and willingness to learn
- Ability to train, coach and motivate direct reports
- The position requires a well-organized individual with high energy, effective communication skills and, of course, a passion for this business and the principle upon which it is built.
- Ability to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Warehouse Supervisor - Afternoon ShiftApply
Committed to Measuring, Tracking and Improving Diversity & Inclusion