Online Billing & Support Agent - 12 Month Contract
Contract | Brampton, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Online Billing and Support Agent is responsible for supporting Customers, Stores and Customer Service via telephone and email in regards to customer and/or order related inquiries. In addition, tasks include fraud prevention, recovery of failed settlements, chargebacks, billing related inquiries, refunds/adjustments and order status updates. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, a keen sense of customer service excellence and place a high value on attention to detail and accuracy.
- As part of fraud prevention, investigate high risk orders and identify unauthorized transactions and abuse
- Recover failed settlements
- Effectively resolve billing related inquiries, including invoice requests, chargebacks and refunds and adjustments
- Effectively resolve customer and/or order related problems, escalating issues, bugs and concerns to the appropriate channels
- Provide phone and email support to our Customers, Stores and Customer Service Team
- Investigate late orders using various tools and applications. Work with internal departments and external vendors for product updates and estimated shipping timeframes.
- Follow through on assigned tasks with efficiency, accuracy and high quality
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all decision-making and design processes
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Share technical knowledge with others and actively seek to learn from those more knowledgeable than yourself
- Model Indigo’s beliefs and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes
- Embrace, champion and influence change through your team and/or the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- Secondary School Diploma
- 2+ years Customer Service Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and reacting quickly to shifting priorities
- Motivated and optimistic
- Able to handle stressful situations involving irate customer escalations
- Knowledge of Excel
- Works well independently with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, with an emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Call Centre experience an asset
- Flexible schedule (Mon-Sun 9am-11pm ET, including Stat Holidays)
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Describe your perks and culture