Director, Digital Performance Marketing
Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
Together with leadership of the marketing group, the Director, Digital Performance Marketing defines and develops Indigo’s overall customer marketing strategy and ensures its execution, bringing it to life digitally. This role partners cross functionally to drive and deliver the 3-year digital modernization journey, creating a best-in-class shopping experience and digital happy place for Indigo’s customers. As a leader within the organization, the Director empowers teams to unleash their potential and achieve strategic priorities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner cross-functionally to define and develop Indigo’s customer marketing strategy that drives key corporate strategic goals and objectives. This includes shaping annual marketing calendar, promotions, creative direction, media plans, budgets, loyalty and lifecycle initiatives.
- Champion and bring to life this customer marketing strategy digitally -- through holistic integrated cross-channel strategies and activation plans
- Craft strategies and drive implementation of lifecycle marketing programs that delight our users and improve customer engagement, through engagement marketing channels (including email, push, in-app messages, paid re-marketing and SMS). Build engagement loops that increase network effects, drive activation, retention, and loyalty using 1st party audience data for tailored personalized experiences that deliver measurable business impact.
- Support Indigo goals by executing on short to mid-term departmental goals (1 year)
- Maintain a high level of strategic foresight by identifying customer and business needs, and adjusting departmental and team objectives accordingly
- Engage relationships with key digital partners such as media agency, Google, Facebook, Email Service Provider etc., to drive results and thought leadership through strategic partnership
- Deliver measurable campaigns to drive profitable growth while providing the organization with outstanding marketing. Ensure efforts are tracked and measured appropriately to demonstrate effectiveness and return on investments.
- Establish an analytical framework and manage reporting and performance of all lifecycle initiatives in partnership with customer intelligence and analytics teams - surfacing meaningful business insights and campaign improvements to key partners. This includes maintaining and monitoring key metrics across channels including budget pacing, New Customers, LTV, and CAC
- Establish quarterly channel forecasts and budget recommendations, with speed and ownership to adjust tactics and strategies quickly based on learnings and opportunities
- Manage an experimentation roadmap to optimize performance including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
- Test new channels and technology to identify incremental audiences and opportunities for accelerating growth and customer experience
- Continually build department’s ‘internal muscles’, technical expertise and skills sets as to not become completely dependent on using outside agency talent with end goal of building a strong hybrid in-house agency model for operational excellence and agility
- Initiate new strategies to capitalize on opportunities and lead the implementation of organizational change
- Integrate complex information to identify solutions or solve problems and apply a strategic mindset to adjust business plans
- Manage multi-million dollar monthly digital budgets across all performance marketing and CRM channels: search, affiliates, email, paid media (social, display), push and SMS
- Ensure the execution of team deliverables and adapt team priorities based on changing needs
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them
- Lead and engage team to deliver strategic objectives through effective coaching and mentoring, identifying, and developing emerging talent, and fostering an innovative, collaborative, and agile culture
- Ensure all team members understand where they stand and have clear performance objectives aligned with Indigo and team goals
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement with a focus on customer experience
- Accountable for the overall engagement, productivity, turnover and bench strength of the team
- Support the creation and maintenance of a talent succession plan
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Share technical knowledge with others and actively seek to learn from those more knowledgeable than yourself
- Help others see the impacts of their efforts and proactively engage other functions to get input
- Encourage others to freely share their point of view and be open to feedback
- Model Indigo’s beliefs and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes
- Embrace, champion, and influence change through your team and/or the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- 10+ years’ experience in Marketing or a related field A post-secondary degree in Marketing, Business or a related discipline
- Experience managing large multi-million-dollar budgets across a variety of channels
- Strong technical and marketing knowledge, including an understanding of advertising and media analysis, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and journeys, segmentation techniques, digital acquisition and agency processes
- Experience leading cross functional teams to deliver creative and content deliverables
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to a high degree of accuracy
- Creativity and demonstrated ability working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change
- Comfort collaborating cross-functionally with senior leadership
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.