DC Team Lead (Online Distribution Centre) - Afternoon shift (3-11PM)
Full-time | Brampton, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
The Team Lead is responsible for employee relation matters of a team and is expected to continually improve the efficiency of the operation through effective use of people, systems and equipment while meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Support team managers in day to day operational tasks and overall business needs throughout both Online/Retail DC's.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Organize the work load, identify priorities and ensure high quality of work.
- Accountable for meeting on time delivery and reducing cost per unit.
- Ensure team compliance to all corporate and departmental work policies and procedures.
- Effectively resolve operational challenges to achieve specified productivity and operational targets. Escalate matters to Team Managers, as needed.
- Assist Team Manager in completing necessary shift and productivity reports.
- Sustain outcome of Kaizen events.
- Participate and contribute in meetings, as required.
- Demonstrate safety awareness in the work environment.
- Ensure health & safety guidelines are followed by all team members.
- Participate in the monthly health & safety audits.
- Responsible for recording and investigating all incidents/accidents and promotes a safe work environment.
- Act as a team builder and create environments to sustain highly motivated teams.
- Participate in the recruitment process and lead employee training and development.
- Assist Team Manager in day to day workload planning and staffing requirements.
- Proactively acquires information to develop new skills to improve job performance.
- Actively participate in the implementation of any operational changes.
- Lead by example by following all Indigo policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment, communicate effectively with all levels of personnel while maintaining adequate level of confidentiality.
- Provide ongoing feedback and daily performance coaching to team members.
- Participate in annual performance appraisals with team managers.
- Effectively conduct and deliver disciplinary actions, as needed.
- Understand/demonstrate in a manner that promotes, and is aligned with, Indigo's Mission, Vision, Beliefs and DC Team Norms.
- Actively promote a culture of a safe work environment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a warehouse environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a supervisory role
- Hands on experience with RF technology
- Warehouse management systems experience (SAP)
- Theory training on material handling equipment
- Ability to conduct team meetings and group trainings
- Experience in or knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
- Knowledge of general Health & Safety requirements
- Be able to identify best practices and process improvements
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and willingness to learn
- Ability to train, coach and motivate direct reports
- Be able to apply a fair and consistent approach with all team members
- Must be available to work weekends as needed
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.