Customer Experience Manager - Indigo Kelowna
Full-time | Kelowna, BC
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
You support the leadership team to cultivate an environment that promotes authentic best-in-class employee and customer experiences and are guided by our culture and our mission of adding joy. Your role as a Customer Experience Manager is one of collaboration, innovation, inspiration, support, and coaching and in doing so; you help to sustain a high performing culture. You consistently role model the Indigo Beliefs and are a leader that sets examples for your team to follow. You share your passion for all things electronic with your team and customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support and empower a team of Customer Experience Representatives to make decisions, creating a highly engaged and high performing team.
- Recruit and develop a high-performing team that is accountable for creating a best-in-class employee experience
- Work with the General Manager/ Associate General Manager to develop internal talent; building a bench for future store needs.
- Unlock full potential of employees by providing consistent feedback
- Own self-development and provides continuous feedback to General Manager/Associate General Manager
- Role model Indigo’s High Performance Characteristics
- Represent Indigo as a brand ambassador, bringing to life Indigo’s mission of creating joy
- Promote a Story Telling culture fulfilling our goal to enrich the lives of our customers
- Own and champion Indigo’s customer loyalty and Love of Reading programs
- Cultivate an environment of trust where the opinions, voices, and well-being of employees are valued, enabling people to bring their best selves to work
- Inspire a customer-centric culture in stores bringing to life Indigo’s mission of creating joy and enriching lives
- Foster an environment where everyone knows their health and safety is a top priority and where everyone actively participates in ensuring the health and safety of each other and our customers
- Respond to customer feedback in a timely manner ensuring that the customer remains a top priority
- Align with General Manager/Associate General Manager on goals and objectives for fiscal year
- Ensures teams drive best-in-class employee engagement and net promoter scores
- Consistently meet and exceed sales plans
- Support the General Manager/Associate General Manager in effectively managing budgets and cost centres, driving positive Store Profitability
- Actively engages in community-based marketing and events to grow sales and strengthen community ties
- Launch and evaluate new programs and initiatives that impact business performance
- Responsible for meeting Expense budgets including service stock, office supplies
- Oversee scheduling requests and weekly schedule revisions (TEAM) and ensures all schedules are fully optimized to drive sales and productivity
- Key Liaison and Leader for Loss Prevention and Health & Safety programs
WHO YOU ARE
- 2 + year of management or leadership experience with demonstrable skills and success in leading and developing others
- Experience in retail or the services sector
- Proven track record of achieving sales and performance targets
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift medium to large items, up to 40 pounds, while using appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required for all positions in Québec
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.