Product Quality & Compliance Associate
Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
The Associate, Product Quality and Compliance supports implementation and execution of quality assurance strategy. This role is integral to bringing to market safe and high integrity products that comply with regulatory landscape and meet or exceed customer and performance expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Monitor and control testing protocol library, creating, and maintaining regulatory and performance standards.
- Ensure Indigo’s product quality requirements are adhered to by internal stakeholders and effectively communicated to vendor community
- Evaluate prototypes with design, sourcing, and merchant partners, making recommendations on product requirements
- Develop effective quality management plans, determining steps and actions to be taken by suppliers to ensure product meets Indigo’s brand promise
- Review test and pre-shipment inspection reports providing timely direction to vendors on next steps and corrective actions
- Investigate product incidents with appropriate follow up with internal and external stakeholders
- Review and approve product and package labels for compliance with Canadian and US labeling requirements
- Support product quality continuous improvement through analysis of customer reviews, return and defective rates
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with third-party service providers
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all decision-making and design processes
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
- Embrace and seek out technology that creates high tech and high touch solutions for Indigo’s customers
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Model Indigo’s beliefs and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Embrace, champion and influence change through your team and/or the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- University degree or equivalent in a related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience with consumer goods or retail quality management and/or product management
- Experience with textiles and private brand products are considered an asset
- Ability to leverage exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to develop productive business relationships
- Experience working with global sourcing teams
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, both independently as well as part of a team across all levels of the organization Strong written and verbal skills
- Some travel may be required
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.