Specialist, SEO Copywriting - 6 Month Contract
Contract | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
The SEO Copywriter will be responsible for driving Indigo’s organic search presence by writing original, on-brand, and data-driven copy and content across Indigo’s site. The SEO Copywriter will ensure that all elements of content and copy, such as keyword density, tone, style and structure, are created and implemented with a high level of detail and accurately implemented.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop a pipeline for managing and executing content strategy, which includes prioritizing tasks and formalizing a publishing workflow
- Strategically create new content, while optimizing existing content, to attract and incentivize new readers, audiences, and students
- Use digital research tools to identify existing content requiring rewriting or re-optimizing, as well as any content gaps where new content is required
- Develop optimized content for websites, blogs, social media, white papers, ebooks, retail sites, and more
- Leverage the underlying ranking signals contributing to content’s role and success in driving organic search performance
- Act as an internal point person to various departments as needed for editorial and content projects
- Implement brand voice and AP style standards across all content
- Perform reporting for key content metrics, such as backlink acquisition, rankings, engagement metrics, etc.
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all decision-making and design processes
- Embrace and seek out technology that creates high tech and high touch solutions for Indigo’s customers
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Model Indigo’s beliefs and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with SEO programs, content management for an eCommerce retail company
- Proven track record of increasing SEO revenues and traffic within a retail environment
- Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing, IT, CS or other related fields
- Knowledge and experience in building search-optimized product content
- In-depth knowledge of the key SEO ranking factors for content and how to correctly implement them into their content
- Experience using keyword research and content research tools such as BrightEdge, Conductor, SEMrush, BuzzSumo, Hubspot, SparkToro, etc.
- Experience using data analytics tools such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Highly detail oriented, with the ability to write content which is consistent with Indigo’s style guidelines, while engaging users and bots alike
- Excels at juggling multiple projects and is able to consistently meet tight and sometimes competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability in building strong, collaborative relationships
- Obsessed with creating a world-class experience for customers
- Strong aptitude to learn new software and complex technical concepts
- Creative problem-solver
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.