Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
The SEO Specialist is responsible for driving Indigo’s organic search marketing channels. This role provides strategic support and tactical implementation for Indigo’s search and customer acquisition initiatives and executes search marketing tactics to improve overall efficiency while increasing revenue and traffic.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyze, optimize, and grow SEO traffic and revenue for all of Indigo’s lines of business
- Execute SEO strategy to meet revenue goals and traffic objectives
- Improve SEO performance by executing on-page optimizations
- Conduct site-wide SEO audits, competitive benchmarking, and gap analysis on an ongoing basis
- Recommend areas of improvement and implement solutions
- Lead on-page and off-site SEO initiatives
- Implement SEO best practices site-wide and across platforms (mobile, social, eCommerce site)
- Prepare weekly SEO reports and competitor benchmark reports
- Drive keyword research and implement strategies to move on rank
- Partner with internal IT teams to optimize indigo.ca's site architecture and CMS
- Partner with online merchandising teams and copywriters to optimize site content, meta tags, taxonomy, internal link building and product pages
- Stay on top of trends and new developments in SEO making actionable recommendations relevant to the strategic direction of the program
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all decision-making and design processes
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
- Embrace and seek out technology that creates high tech and high touch solutions for Indigo’s customers
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues, and working to resolve them
- Establish strong cross-functional presence and relationships
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Share technical knowledge with others and actively seek to learn from those more knowledgeable than yourself
- Model Indigo’s beliefs and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Embrace, champion and influence change through your team and/or the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with SEO programs at an eCommerce retail company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Marketing, IT, CS, or other related fields
- Proven track record of increasing SEO revenues and traffic within a retail environment
- Knowledge of recent algorithm updates, search ranking factors, and industry best practices
- Experience with web analytics tools like Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Experience with SEO tools for crawling like Botify, Deepcrawl, or Screaming Frog
- Experience with SEO tools for keyword research and rank tracking such as BrightEdge, Conductor, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Moz, etc.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, including data analysis, statistical analytical methods, and financial modelling
- High level of attention to detail, ability to multi-task and manage priorities and deadlines
- Understanding of site architecture principles, taxonomy, browse path, item page
- Experience with web analytics and campaign management tools, such as Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.
- Affinity for learning new technologies, with passion and desire to stay abreast of the latest trends and changes in online technology, interactivity, and social interactions
- Knowledge and experience in building search-optimized product content
- Strong aptitude to learn new software and complex technical concepts
- Known for building strong, collaborative relationships
- Obsessed with creating a world-class experience for customers
- Creative problem-solver
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.