Manager, Total Rewards
Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Manager, Total Rewards leads the development, implementation evaluation and maintenance of company total rewards programs to support and sustain a high performing culture that attracts, motivates, retains and rewards employees at all levels. This role acts as a key partner, providing sound compensation recommendations to human resources partners in the field, distribution centres and home office, ensuring consistency and alignment to Indigo strategic priorities.
- In the context of the overall HR/OD strategy, contribute to the development of a comprehensive Total Rewards strategy for Indigo and its specific business units. The scope includes driving employee attraction, retention, and engagement through effective total reward programs.
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation and benefit programs including; salary and hourly compensation structures; variable pay programs; annual merit cycle; annual minimum wage analysis; executive compensation and disclosures; benefits design and administration; employee discount program; savings and perks programs; compensation analytics and reporting.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Provides advice on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Reviews and analyzes the benefits and retirement market in the US and Canada to determine employee needs, trends, regulations and practices, and develops competitive programs and services to meet company goals.
- In partnership with stakeholders, assess business needs and develop a comprehensive rewards program to drive desired business outcomes
- Drive data integrity in the context of Total Rewards and HR Analytics
- Ensure Indigo adherence to applicable laws and regulations in policies, processes and programs
- Maintain a working knowledge of employment legislation influencing compensation. benefits and retirement programs.
- Ensure Total Rewards programs are current with regard to trends, practices and costs
- Monitor contracts against KPls and advising as to potential and emerging issues for correction/action
- Responsible for working with partners in Finance and Retail Operations to ensure current and future programs costs are modeled, accrued for and accurate.
- Ensure the completion of team deliverables and set/adhere to team budgets
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
- Challenge the status quo and consistently identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and working to resolve them
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management and/or Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive Total Rewards experience including:
- Total Rewards Policies & Processes
- Salary Surveys
- Job Evaluations, Pay Equity (internal and external application)
- Salary structure design & hourly wage structure design
- Bonus/Incentive Plans design and administration
- Benefits, Savings, & Perks Plan Administration
- Implementation/Execution/Evaluation and communication of total reward programs
- Retail industry total rewards experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in managing and developing direct reports
- Experience in changing/improving Total Reward programs
- Advanced understanding of Excel, and database management; HRIS experience required. Ultipro exposure is ideal
- Leadership ability
- Strong communicator
- Exceptional service orientation
- Innovative and resourceful
- Details & Results oriented
- Excels in a fast paced, team environment
- Self-motivated; sets high standards
Other (travel, Bilingual, etc.)
- Occasional travel may be required
- French an asset but not a requirement
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.