Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing accurate and timely financial information to support business decision making. They will partner with the business and act as the point person in understanding the drivers in leading a culture of accountability for results. This role ensures the integrity of various reports with focus on completeness, accuracy and timeliness and adding value to the business.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly expense analysis and report on variances against plan, forecast and last year
- Perform a variety of financial analysis by using standard financial models
- Support the financial budgeting and forecasting processes
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly executive management reports
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis
- Assist in developing and implementing opportunities to improve and streamline business processes
- Work in a collaborative and constructive manner with team and cross functional partners
- Communicate and interact effectively with colleagues at all levels across the organization
- Establish constructive executive and peer relationships
- Investigative mind and intellectual curiosity– identify and analyze things that “don’t make sense”, and assist with the preparation of resolution
WHO YOU ARE:
- University degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Interest or enrollment in CPA considered an asset
- 0-3 years of experience required
- Possess a solid understanding of financial fundamentals
- Exposure to the areas of financial analysis, budgeting/forecasting, variance analysis
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Retail industry experience an asset
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.