Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Associate Product Manager, is responsible for overseeing the entire product life cycle and financial performance of private label collections developed outside of Indigo’s internal design studio. The Associate Product Manager will work directly with the Category Managers under the supervision of the Category Director to achieve key assortment initiatives and goals.
- In partnership with Category Director & Manager, set strategic product development and sourcing strategies for Private Label collections aligned to category strategy
- Translate assortment strategies from Category Managers into actionable product development strategies to achieve portfolio goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with 3rd party product development suppliers.
- Visualizing and concepting of product brief for external suppliers after directive from category managers
- Lead relationship development and negotiations with external, strategic sourcing & suppliers
- Responsible for product lifecycle of private label collections (outside of internal studio) from concept, vendor negotiation, through development, to delivery
- Responsible for achieving margin and sales goals of private label collections in accordance with category strategies
- Manage development calendars to deliver collections to meet merchant assortment roll-out strategies
- Oversee end-to-end process of packaging, trims, hangtags, and backstamp development and approvals for all Private Label products (including those designed by Indigo’s internal studio), ensuring alignment and approval from Merchant & Design Directors
- In partnership with Quality Assurance, establish compliance and testing protocols for all Private Label product groups
- In collaboration with Global Sourcing, ensure final sign-off for all TOP samples
- In partnership with Merchant and Design teams, participate in and execute allocation process to determine development resource allocation between internal design studio and external product development suppliers
- Stay current on market trends to share product and sourcing opportunities
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Encourage others to freely share their point of view and be open to feedback
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes
- Embrace, champion and influence change through your team and/or the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- University Degree
- Experience in the Retail Industry in Product Development role
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in product development or category management field with progressive leadership accountability
- Experience in home décor and tabletop categories strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively with external vendor partners
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and reacting quickly to shifting priorities
- Strong time-management skills and understanding of retail calendar
- Strong understanding of market trends and product opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Passionate for the category
- 30% Travel for Trade Shows, Store Visits and Competition Shopping
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.