Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Manager, SEO will be responsible for defining and creating a new SEO culture across the Indigo organization.
The Manager, SEO will be responsible for the planning, implementation and managing Indigo’s overall SEO strategy with support from cross-functional stakeholders across the business. The Manager is responsible for leading organizational SEO change across multiple business units combining their strong technical expertise, strategic insight, and creativity to help take Indigo’s SEO program to the next level.
- Perform full SEO audits across the business to identify areas of opportunities (including URL structure, Navigation structure, Canonicalization issues, contextual links, HTML + XML sitemaps, Robot.txt, title, Header, image, key word and description tags and SEO recommendations, product onboarding SEO best practices / recommendations) This includes identifying short and long-term opportunities
- Work with IT on taxonomy updates to ensure SEO best practices are being followed
- Enhance on-page optimization of pages based on keyword research, as well as off-page tactics
- Content & XML sitemap management, ensuring they are up-to-date by working with IT & site merchandising teams
- Ensure that all websites and internet properties under your influence have been technically optimized to attract and engage those visitors that closely match the agreed profile of the target audience
- Work with editorial and content team on copy improvements with a view to improving organic traction
- Monitor key metrics using analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to assess opportunities and issues
- Ensure the completion of team deliverables and set/adhere to team budgets, as applicable
- Challenge the status quo and consistently identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and working to resolve them
- Build strong cross-functional teams and partnerships to drive SEO strategy
- Be the subject matter expert on SEO for Indigo
- Work closely with Indigo’s SEM manager to optimize bid strategies on paid vs. owned efforts
- Model Indigo’s beliefs and convey a positive image in everything you do
- Embrace, champion and influence change through your team and/or the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- An SEO leader with 5+ years of online marketing experience and an in-depth understanding of the search engine ranking process as well as basic knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS, and web standards.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing, IT, CS or other related fields
- A multi-tasker with demonstrated knowledge of key SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Google Webmaster, Bright Edge, SEOMOZ, and Advanced Web Ranking
- A highly organized self-starter with experience evaluating copy and a proven track record of improving search rankings through application of SEO best practices.
- Ability to easily jump from analytic to creative side
- Affinity for learning new technologies, with passion and desire to stay abreast of the latest trends and changes in online technology, interactivity and social interactionsAbility to identify opportunities, build out the resources needed and along the way have a ton of fun while always striving for better results
- Strong ability to see the total organization with an integrated perspective
- Ability to lead and manage cross functional teams including non-direct reports
- A willingness to take risks and make decisions; creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- True believer in teamwork and the ability to understand the impact of one’s actions on another team, individual or process
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.