Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our team is looking for a FrontEnd Developer to help us build and support our digital products and eCommerce platform. We aspire to build a complete continuous integration workflow that runs test suites on every code change. We’re excited to get everyone involved and take ownership of estimating, planning and prioritizing the work.
We’re looking for someone who will engage with product teams in a variety of ways, from consulting, to mentoring. We’re engaged in problem solving and work collaboratively in a large cross-functional environment. We’re looking forward to you to join our fantastic team!
ABOUT THE TEAM
We want to encourage a culture of shared ownership and learning opportunities. We’re a team that likes to build resilient, secure and innovative solutions. Our team is self-organizing, excited about positive change and wants to build solutions that help us grow. We will always be engaged in solving problems and work collaboratively.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Great location close to a central downtown location
• An open working environment where we encourage everyone to collaborate, learn and grow together
• We’re committed to growing you professionally through conference budgets, training opportunities and investments into learning programs
• Collaboration and transparency at our core, we love to review business metrics and get regular updates from the leadership team
• Healthy work life balance including a flexible work from home policy
WHO YOU ARE
• Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years building modern web frameworks (SCSS, React, Angular or Vue.js)
• Experience with Git, CI/CD and build pipelines
• Experience building solutions for a scalable cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, etc.)
• Understanding of distributed systems and how they grow as a product
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Great problem-solving skills, we are always looking at ways we can do things better
• Be proactive and a self-starter, we hire people that have a deep desire to improve
• Strong interpersonal skills, we are a close-knit team and work to solve problems together
• Love to provide feedback with a focus on creating amazing experiences for our customers
• Keen to join a high performing, collaborative team, and you have a strong drive and desire to be an active part of the technical community
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.