Windows System Administrator
Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for ensuring the stability, reliability, availability, integrity and efficient operation of production IT infrastructure by providing hands-on pro-active server administration. In the event of a disruption, this position is responsible for the restoration of services and minimizing downtime.
- Provide 3rd level systems support by:
- Participating in 24x7 on-call technical support rotation
- Understanding and working within the problem, change and incident control processes
- Analyzing and resolving complex operational and procedural problems with regards to system software and performance; document issues and resolutions for future reference
- Working as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking, to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Perform technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current system
- Perform detailed evaluation, planning, testing, implementation, maintenance and upgrades of server hardware and system software products
- Perform software code promotions for development
- Proactively monitor and test system performance, collect and analyze metrics and provide statistics, reports and recommended action plan
- Proactively define opportunities for operational efficiency, through technology refreshes, migration and/or consolidations across the environment
- Perform server design and capacity planning
- Provide leadership and consultation in planning and project forums by participating in all areas of analysis, quality assurance and performance tuning with the project team, including testing before migration into production
- Develop and maintain standards and tools to support the production environment
- Work as part of the infrastructure architecture team to define and select emerging hardware and software products, services, protocols, standards and best practices in support of the production environment
WHO YOU ARE:
- Post-secondary college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science degree or a combination of related experience and education
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in a high availability production enterprise networked environment
- Ability to work in a 24x7x365 environment
- Ability to work off hours and travel as required
- Demonstrated experience installing, maintaining, operating, tuning and troubleshooting complex operating systems and applications in a heterogeneous high volume environment
- Extensive experience with server implementation and maintenance including experience with systems planning, security management and general best practices.
- Proven experience with systems capacity planning, trending, security principles, and general systems management best practices.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development and implementation of infrastructure products and projects
- Extensive technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Server installation, administration, configuration and security
- Solid in-depth understanding of Advanced Server, Active Directory, DNS, WINS and TCP/IP
- Extensive technical knowledge of Hybrid Office 365/Exchange Server, Microsoft ADFS installation, administration, configuration and security
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.