Customer Experience Manager - Chapters South London
Full-time | London, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide support for team members and customers alike, and contribute to the overall vision and sales objectives of the store
- Lead our store sales teams who are reposible for the direct customer experience in the store.
- Attract, hire and retain talented and passionate Customer Experience Representatives
- Coach and develop your CER group and build a culture of ownership and job satisfaction.
- Ensure the store is well-run, well-merchandised and well-staffed
- Execute the store’s annual business plan as delivered by the General Manager
- Engage and inspire our customers on the floor
WHO YOU ARE
- 2 + year of management or leadership experience with demonstrable skills and success in leading and developing others.
- Passionate about visual merchandising, with a strong eye for detail and asthetics.
- Experience in retail or the services sector.
- Proven track record of achieving sales and performance targets.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, and curious.
- Driven to excell in whatever task or mission you take on.
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.