Director, Love of Reading
Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Director, Indigo Love of Reading Foundation oversees all aspect of the Foundation’s operations, including fundraising, marketing, program delivery, employee engagement, strategic planning and financial and legal oversight. As the senior leader of the Foundation, the Executive Director will work cross-functionally within the Indigo organization while building effective relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan by executing on short, mid, and long-term departmental goals (3 years)
- Maintain a high level of strategic foresight by identifying stakeholders and organizational needs, and adjusting departmental and team objectives accordingly
- Develop, implement and maintain Foundation programs, increasing fundraising and positively impacting literacy
- Oversee all aspects of the Foundation’s operations and activities
- Build and support a team that can deliver on the Foundation’s annual Literacy Fund granting program and Adopt a School program requirements
- Drive the development of compelling and effective awareness-building campaigns, which include print, digital and media elements
- Create and execute engaging events
- Build strong teams by attracting and developing the best talent
- Bring out the best in others, empower and constructively stretch talent
WHO YOU ARE:
- University degree in Business, Communications, Law, Education or a related degree program
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a top tier organization in roles that require leadership, analytics, problem solving and process innovation
- Relentless appetite for excellence and meaningful impact
- Marketing, communications and events experience is a strong asset
- Capacity to see things at both a strategic and operational level is required
- Stakeholder-centric approach in all capacities
- Self-starter with an ability to work at the highest levels with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective and collaborative relationships across the organization and externally in pursuit of the Foundation’s goals
- Ability to create partnerships and influence outcomes, utilizing effective communication skills and change management practices
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.