Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the head of store and ensure the store is well-run, well-merchandised and offering a high level of service.
- As a hybrid role you will be working with Customer Experience Managers from the Operations and Sales sides of the business.
Lead a team of Customer Experience Representatives to merchandise from the point of delivery to the sales floor quickly and efficiently. Transition taskforce operations to get the sales floor suited for customer experience.
Weekly schedule will be balanced to support development of leading operational efficiency and driving sales through strategy and customer experience.
Utilize strong organizational and delegation skills to keep track of inventory and replenishment.
Operation Leader duties include, conducting inventory cycle counts, replenishing stock, managing product returns, shelving products, and receiving and processing incoming store merchandise while maintain visual merchandising standards.
Customer Experience Leader duties include, setting the tone for the day and supporting customer experience representatives in achieving our sales goals, with a strong commitment to coaching sales team in day to day operations, maintaining customer focus amongst sales team and entrepreneurial decisions to add joy to customer experiences.
Lead and develop with fellow leaders in store through managing all aspects of the day to day business.
Coordinate and communicate the daily task assignments to the Customer Experience Representatives.
Communicate sales goals to the Customer Experience Representatives.
Ensure goals are achieved and identifying areas that require merchandising attention.
Follow pre-opening, post-opening and closing procedures.
Engage and inspire our customers on the floor.
Create a warm and welcoming environment in our stores
Availability needs to be fully flexible 7 days a week, including some 5am start times, late shifts and some overnights during peak seasons.
Add joy to our customers’ lives
WHO YOU ARE
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.