Analyst, Business Intelligence
Full-time | Toronto, ON
Be Part of Our Story
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Analyst, Channel Reporting supports the business in developing and delivering key operational reporting in a timely and efficient manner. This role is responsible for producing accurate reporting which provides the business with key insights to drive decision making.
- Build out standard reporting capabilities as new requirements are identified to provide key metrics to the organization that are timely, consistent and reliable
- Manage and maintain the current reporting capabilities while looking for efficiencies and improvements to provide faster and more reliable reporting
- Identify, digest and communicate relevant data points with preliminary insights into business drivers
- Develop profound understanding of requirements from cross functional partners to ensure relevance of output
- Ensure standard procedures are documented and updated as required
- Understand Indigo specific data challenges to identify the best source of data. Provide recommendations to others on how to correctly and efficiently source data
- Produce Daily, Weekly and Monthly corporate reports within the established timelines
- Provide ad hoc reporting to the business as required focusing on repeatable and updatable solutions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in report development and analytics required
- Experience in 1 or more data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Qlik, PowerBI
- Minimum 2+ years of SQL experience specifically in data querying and creating SSIS packages for ETL processes
- Strong analytical background demonstrating an ability to collect data, analyze trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations using statistical techniques
- High personal standards for accuracy, attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable working with people from all levels of the organization and being part of a cross-functional team
- Exceptional communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Technology savvy with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with an advanced knowledge proficiency in Excel
- Working knowledge SAP BW (Business Warehouse) would be an asset
- Working knowledge of SAS or other Statistical Package would be an asset
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.