Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the Senior Manager, Digital Product you will be responsible for driving value-creating digital products in line with Indigo’s strategies and ambitions. With a focus on data quality, loyalty, traffic, SEO optimization and customer acquisition, this role works to identify opportunities through an intense understanding of the market and the voice of the customer, engagement of the Indigo team, and thoughtful insights from data and analytics.
- Lead a cross-functional team, including Digital Operations, Marketing, Loyalty, Development, Studio, Product Design, and Analytics by validating ideas and conducting experiments towards our strategic objectives and goals
- Define, develop and own the product strategy
- Accountable for the creation and socialization the business rationale and economics (ROI business cases) behind the relevant products to champion and clearly communicate the product vision to everyone on the Team.
- Clearly define and prioritize product challenges and opportunities, develop a product roadmap and manage a coherent product backlog, including retiring features that no longer make sense
- Facilitate a strong product discovery process through constant testing and prototyping, along with design.
- Write the user stories, define the minimum viable product (and the acceptance criteria), identify project risks and dependencies, and actively participate in all stages of the development.
- Constantly seek out new opportunities through market benchmarking and analysis, insights through our own data, voice of the customer and input from the larger Indigo Team.
- Responsible for the product meeting the defined targets, including coordinating the tracking of the relevant targets through pre and post analyses, and A/B testing during the project.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Business or UX Design
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in a product management or ecommerce role
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a senior level product management role in leading a product management process from start to finish
- Experience in an Agile environment with a Product Owner background is preferred
- Customer centric, with persuasive communication skills to influence project team members and business stakeholders on key project challenges.
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve technical or business-related issues
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate/negotiate with various technology and business stakeholders, comfortable with asking the tough questions or turning down requests to ensure the success of organizational projects
- Ability to break down a complex problem into manageable tasks and prioritize them
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a demanding environment
- Strong business acumen with the knowledge of current and emerging Digital and Retail technologies and how they could be applied to drive the Indigo business
- Exceptional knowledge of e-commerce, mobile, social, and multi-channel retailing trends
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.