Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
We play by the following rules:
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Accountant is responsible for providing financial accounting support to the Assistant Controller, including preparing and posting journal entries related to routine and non-routine accounting transactions. This role will assist with all general accounting functional areas of the department.
• Prepare and maintain monthly reconciliations of assigned accounts; investigate and resolve variances
• Create and produce reports from accounting system, adhering to internal processes to ensure accuracy, reasonability and completeness of records
• Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements for distribution to senior management
• Under minimal supervision, apply basic analytical techniques to develop, create and test changes to financial reports to resolve routine issues, ensuring accuracy and effectiveness of monthly reporting processes
• Ensure applicable accounting and systems processes are fully compliant with internal controls through testing, reporting and assistance with documentation of certification workflow process
• Participate in financial system performance initiatives including business change modifications, upgrades and implementations
• Assist in developing and implementing opportunities to improve and streamline business processes
• Support Retail channel by responding to store F/S inquiries
• Support the annual review by external and internal audit functions
• Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all decision-making and design processes
• Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
• Embrace and seek out technology that creates high tech and high touch solutions for Indigo’s customers
• Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them
WHO YOU ARE:
• University degree or college diploma in Commerce or Business Administration with emphasis on finance/accounting
• CPA designation
• 5+ years’ accounting experience
• Experience in all areas of accounting, financial analysis and variance analysis
• Exceptional Excel skills and knowledge of SAP, BW and Hyperion
• Retail industry experience an asset
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.