Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the Manager, Site Merchandising, you will own the lifestyle categories for Indigo.ca. You will partner with the merchant team and develop initiatives for the online channel, manage the execution of launching new merchandise, optimize navigation and search, and enable a superior digital customer experience the customer. You will play a key role in increasing customer loyalty, driving sales, and will be instrumental in instilling a customer first mindset throughout the product vision. This includes:
- Create, own and drive the strategy and action plan for select online categories to achieve revenue and margin targets, including monitoring and reporting on KPIs.
- Create strategic e-commerce merchandising plan that includes product launches, merchandising and assortment optimization.
- Use site analytics to plan and develop initiatives to improve engagement, maximize conversion, increase site traffic and achieve sales goals.
- Partner with Product, Marketing and IT leads to optimize customer experience, increase conversion and develop cross-selling opportunities.
- Partner with Operations teams to manage inventory and optimize fulfillment capabilities.
- Develop a pipeline of new product and partnership ideas for e-commerce through market research and innovation.
- Partner with UX, Product & IT teams to prioritize, test and deliver improvements to customer experience.
- Work with analytics team on category performance and hindsights
- Audit projects for SEO & make recommendations
- Drive maximum site productivity through product conversion.
- Provide support to Online Marketing through product knowledge, category insight, quality-assurance
- Coordinate with Digital Marketing for Search and Affiliate optimization (SEO copy, Affiliate links)
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and related IT testing requirements for site enhancement and maintenance releases
- Ensure the completion of team deliverables and set/adhere to team budgets, as applicable
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing/Communications, Digital Design
- An industry-level knowledge of and passion for books and product
- 4-5 years of ecommerce experience
- Some experience with a content management system and Omniture preferred
- Strategic thinker and ability to connect the dots
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
- Innovative, customer focused, with hands-on approach, able to multi-task & meet deadlines
- Strong collaborator and team player
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.