Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the Director, Digital Operations, you will drive a joyful end-to-end customer experience while delivering on online business results. You will be a key driver and partner to Supply Chain, Customer Service, General Merchandise, Technology, and Finance in operationalizing the annual strategic initiatives.
- Drive margin accretive improvements in the end to end digital experience, focusing on the customer delivery promise through fulfilment, order delivery/pick-up, and (if applicable) returns
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities to enhance our Omni-channel fulfilment experience.
- Support Indigo goals by executing on short to mid-term departmental goals (1 year)
- Maintain high level strategic foresight by identifying customer and business needs, and adjusting departmental and team objectives accordingly
- Optimize business rules and configurations (delivery promise, shipping rates, free shipping threshold) to maximize conversion and minimize cost
- Set benchmarks and tracking mechanisms for the end-to-end customer experience, from order placement to delivery, and create a repeatable process for resolving customers that fall outside our acceptable range. Triage end-to-end reporting on customer orders, including delivery against customer promise, leveraging end-to-end reporting
- Triage VOC feedback (customer service, opinion lab and Our Indigo) throughout digital org
- Lead promotional testing and site quality assurance
- Lead peak across digital platform, including site readiness, multi-team coordination, “pre-holiday” must haves (during holiday and during high volume periods)
- Project manage taxonomy changes and rollouts, including collaboration across technology, merchants, digital marketing, and merchandising
- Scale Omni-fulfilment initiatives, such as Express Pickup. Optimize item eligibility criteria, onsite and pickup experience, reporting, customer metrics, VOC to deliver customer value and profit targets.
- Represent the customer and business needs in multi-functional fulfillment initiatives (i.e. Voyager)
- Lead special online operatives as the digital channel rapidly evolves. Solve problems using data, intelligence, and multi-team coordination (internal and external) across a range of initiatives (e.g. subscriptions, marketplace, shipping rate / carrier optimization, OOS view reduction )
- Identify and drive profit improvement opportunities – at a product, basket, and total channel perspective.
- Ensure the execution of team deliverables and adapt team priorities based on changing needs
- Set/adhere to team budgets, as applicable
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or quantitative discipline; Masters (preferred)
- 10+ years of progressive experience in top tier organizations in roles that required analytics, problem solving and process innovation, ideally in a digital environment
- Relentless appetite to grow a business
- Extensive experience in having a holistic view of the end to end customer experience and able to drive process design and improvements to enhance the experience and ensure it is “joyful”
- Capacity to see things at both a strategic and operational level is required.
- Customer centric approach in all capacities.
- Extensive knowledge of best-practices for marketing in all forms.
- Ability to create partnerships and influence outcomes, utilizing effective communication skills and change management practices
- Commercially oriented, data-driven decision-maker with deep analytic skills, sound judgement, creativity and a proactive approach to identifying and assessing opportunities
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.