Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Do you find joy in putting a smile on the faces of tiny humans? Jump up and down with excitement when you discover the next "IT" toy or retro come-back? This is your chance to join a team of passionate toy buyers!
As the Category Manager, you will define the strategic vision for the Creativity and American Girl categories. This includes driving omni-channel category performance through the selection of a strong product assortment, complimentary promotion programs, flawless execution and performance reporting and measurement. This includes:
- Delivering on Sales, Margin and Turn goals, for Retail and Online.
- Partnering with the planning team to manage OTB, develop store assortment plans and financial plans
- Prepare and execute quarterly Line Reviews
- Seek out and Identify new opportunities to grow and expand category by benchmarking competition and finding new categories, products and best practices
- Effectively seek out and maintain positive vendor relationships focusing on finding new and brand appropriate merchandise. Negotiate favorable terms with vendors to maximize sales and profits
- Partner with marketing to develop and execute Omni channel Marketing and Promotional calendar to grow the business
- Collaborate with Store Design and Visual Merchandising on space planning and visual merchandising guidelines
- Ensure the completion of team deliverables and set/adhere to team budgets, as applicable
WHO YOU ARE:
- You love product and you LOVE toys even more
- You have 5+ years experience in a buying or category management role
- You have a knack for building strong relationships with your internal and external partners
- You are a strong negotiator, storyteller, and your ability to analyze a category are impeccable
- You are a leader and have coached and mentored a team
- You are comfortable travelling up to 40% of the time
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.