Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Analyst, Strategic Sourcing & Profit Improvement will lead and support the creation of cost reduction and profitability improvement programs for a variety of goods and services in specified categories of spend and monitor the actual results of those initiatives. This role will also maintain and monitor a database of contracts as well as play a key role in providing ad-hoc analysis to support the team’s exploration of additional profitability strategies. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for managing elements of the implementation of a new procure-to-pay system as well as any change management associated with the initiatives.
• Design and implement strategic sourcing best practices, processes and guidelines as well as act as a champion for the team’s branding efforts and outreach within the organization
• Identify and assess savings opportunities through:
• Developing internal stakeholder relationships to understand business requirements
• Reviewing spending patterns for the respective portfolio of services and supplies
• Conducting market research and analysis on supply chain dynamics, sourcing best practices, industry trends, etc.
• Maintaining a dynamic database of vendor contracts and working with the business units and Legal to monitor expiring contracts and proactively assess renewal or strategic sourcing opportunities
• Leading the entire life cycle of the RFx process through:
• Developing a sourcing strategy best aligned to business needs with the business unit partner as well as planning out the RFx process from start date to end date
• Working with business stakeholders to gather applicable requirements, developing product and/or service specifications
• Performing comparative analysis of pricing proposals, quotations and bids
• Negotiating directly with vendors for most competitive pricing and service level agreements
• Developing associated research plans necessary to support the Strategic Sourcing & Profit Improvement team in effective vendor negotiations and discussions within Indigo key business stakeholders (e.g. merchants, store operations, marketing, legal services)
• Completing spend baseline and savings projection reports, tracking of reported savings, and achieved savings reports and summaries to Executives
• Conduct analysis and research to build an overall vendor database which creates and sustains a competitive advantage and aligns with internal policies (e.g. environmental guidelines, travel guidelines)
• Assist with conflicts that arise between vendors and business units in a professional and effective manner
• Provide recommendations for risk management, improved service delivery and other cost containment initiatives
• Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of vendor activity, including but not limited to: service cost models, adherence to SLAs, internal order accuracy, program reconciliation, etc.
WHO YOU ARE:
• University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, MBA is an asset
• 1 - 5 years’ progressive experience in vendor-spend and sourcing analysis within strategic sourcing or indirect procurement operations, experience in the retail industry is preferred
• 1 - 5 years demonstrated data analysis, financial planning/analysis and/or accounting experience
• 1 – 5 years’ experience in assisting with RFx through the entire life cycle of the process
• 1 – 5 years’ experience in assisting with or leading contract formation, negotiation and tracking.
• Track record for identifying and implementing process improvements
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.