Indigo is the world’s first cultural department store — a physical and digital place inspired by and filled with books, ideas, beautifully designed products, and the creative people who help make it all happen. We believe in real books, living life fully and generously, being kind to each other and to the environment, and that stories — big and little — connect us. Indigo is here to be your place — for joyful moments of discovery and to connect with people who share your passion for reading, your belief in ideas, and your commitment to making the world a better and more beautiful place.
In becoming the world’s first cultural department store, this is the most exciting and creative time in our history. We want to share our particular brand of joyful moments and engaging products with as many likeminded global citizens as possible. We are now incredibly excited to be growing our U.S. presence, reaching out to new potential staff and customers who share our values. If you have a passion for books, music, and art, and believe you can help us in establishing and leading a culture of joy and positivity for our customers in a retail environment, we want to meet you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supports and empowers Store Associates to make visual merchandising decisions that are consistent with brand standards.
- Collaborates and works with Leadership Team on how to build visual merchandising capabilities, helping to develop internal talent and improve the employee experience.
- Provides consistent coaching and feedback helping to create a high performance and highly engaged team.
- Provides leadership, guidance and training to Store Associates to ensure visual merchandising standards are upheld
- Owns self-development and provides continuous feedback to colleagues and Leadership Team
- Add joy to our customers’ lives
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in specialty retail or a retail environment preferred but not required.
- Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to learn new things and be exposed to all aspects of the store
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an exceptional employee and customer experience
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift medium to large items, up to 40 pounds, while using appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays, overnights and early mornings (if required for the role)
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are the World’s First Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate