Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Provision & Support Analyst is responsible for the provisioning and supporting of Desktop PCs, RF scanner equipment, laptops, printers and all related technology for the Calgary Distribution Centre (CDC); this includes all images, hardware and applications used by the various groups on location.
- Facilitate the maintenance of network, software applications and computer hardware systems for the CDC and to ensure problems are resolved in an accurate timely manner.
- Conduct evaluations for new desktop releases and tools. Participates as required in system upgrades, development, and selection.
- Building image media for CDC PCs.
- Stage and image PCs (desktops and laptops).
- Maintain Zlabel printers.
- Provide training on all Zlabel printer models.
- Manage inventory of all 40 Zlabel printers.
- Install and uninstall users' PCs and those in training rooms.
- Review, recommend, create and maintain PC image configuration and hardware standards.
- Manage 200+ systems and users at the CDC.
- Scheduling hardware disposals via vendors.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for process improvement.
- Resolve and document computer problems, provide feedback to customers, and enhance customer knowledge according to established procedures.
- Home office support.
- Provide and or facilitate user application and hardware training.
- Create and maintain CDC software/hardware procedures and standards documents.
- Identify and correct all RF hardware and software issues.
- Provide instructions on the proper usage of RF devices.
- Create and deploy software packages to RF scanners via the MSP server and barcode sheets.
- Maintain the MSP (RF monitoring/deployment platform) server.
- Manage inventory of all 151 RF scanners.
- Manage inventory of all software at the CDC.
- Ensure that IDSC users are practicing proper hardware and network security procedures.
- Coordinate and schedule preventative maintenance and hardware upgrades with vendors.
WHO YOU ARE:
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field / discipline or 5 years practical (related) work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years working in either a development or Operations role
- Strong knowledge of warehouse systems – SAP WMS an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS and Office applications
- Strong knowledge of Desktop and Network (WIFI) technologies
- Strong knowledge of RF technology
- Ability to ‘sell’ new way of doing things and change corporate culture when looking at areas of process development and introduction
- Prepared to work off hours as required (inclusive of weekends and all holidays)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.