Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Key Performance Metrics
- Meets department specific goals and KPI targets.
- Organizes the work load, identifies priorities and ensures high quality of work.
- Accountable for meeting on time delivery and reducing cost per unit.
- Remains current and communicates all changes, events and programs.
- Ensures team compliance to all corporate and departmental work policies and procedures.
- Effectively resolves operational challenges to achieve specified productivity and operational targets. Escalates matters to Team Managers, as needed.
- Assists Team Manager in completing necessary shift and productivity reports.
- Sustains outcome of Kaizen events.
- Participates and contributes in meetings, as required.
- Demonstrates safety awareness in the work environment.
- Ensures health & safety guidelines are followed by all team members.
- Participates in the monthly health & safety audits.
- Responsible for recording and investigating all incidents/accidents and promotes a safe work environment.
- Acts as a team builder and creates environments to sustain highly motivated team.
- Participates in the recruitment process and leads employee training and development.
- Assists Team Manager in day to day workload planning and staffing requirements.
- Proactively acquires information to develop new skills to improve job performance.
- Actively participates in the implementation of any operational changes.
- Leads by example by following all Indigo policies and procedures.
- Works in a team environment, communicates effectively with all levels of personnel while maintaining adequate level of confidentiality.
- Provides ongoing feedback and daily performance coaching to team members.
- Participates in annual performance appraisals with team managers.
- Effectively conducts and delivers disciplinary actions, as needed.
- Establishes high performance peer relationships.
- Maintains and nourishes relationships with all Indigo employees and business partners.
- Creates an environment of a motivated team.
- Understands/demonstrates in a manner that promotes, and is aligned with, Indigo's Mission, Vision, Beliefs and DC Team Norms.
- Actively promotes a culture of a safe work environment.
Reports to: Team Manager
Manager once Removed (MOR): Department Manager
- Interfaces and builds relationships with: Department Managers, Team Managers, Team Leads, Team Members, and other Indigo business units.
- Vendors, temporary staffing agencies and carriers.
WHO YOU ARE:
Work Experience / Education / Certifications
- Experience working in a fast paced team based environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a warehouse environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a supervisory role
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience with RF technology
- Warehouse management systems experience (SAP)
- Theory training on material handling equipment
- Ability to conduct team meetings and group training
- Experience in or knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
- Knowledge of general Health & Safety requirements
- Be able to identify best practices and process improvements
Competencies / Skills / Attributes
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and willingness to learn
- Ability to train, coach and motivate direct reports
- Be able to apply a fair and consistent approach with all team members
- Must be able lift up to 40 lbs repetitively
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.