Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
We play by the following rules:
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Creative Director, Digital is responsible for strategically interpreting overall brand goals for all creative on the digital platform. This role will be responsible for design of seasonal campaigns, social media, site design, and the multiple project improvements on the creative roadmap. This role will inspire, lead, coach and manage the creative team throughout the creative process from collaborative conceptualization to launch.
• Develop and drive strategic seasonal creative campaigns and social media creative, acting as decision maker while collaborating with a team of designers, copywriters and other internal stakeholders
• Develop and maintain all creative aspects of site design
• Assist in development of overall brand strategic goals and ensure departmental goals are aligned
• Support Indigo goals by executing on short to mid-term departmental goals (1 year)
• Maintain a high level of strategic foresight by identifying customer and business needs, and adjusting departmental and team objectives accordingly
• Direct team development of inspiring and innovative concepts for seasonal campaigns both on site and social media
• Direct all internal projects and design work on the digital roadmap
• Lead the adjustment of project goals and design revisions on the fly as necessary to adapt to changing situations to meet established schedules
• Establish and enforce process throughout the creative project cycle
• Effectively communicate project status to internal and external partners, updating senior leaders as required
• Inspire an agile environment while empowering direct reports to problem solve and pivot project goals as needed
• Remain current in market and industry trends to ensure innovation and relevancy
• Stay current in market and industry trends to aid in the development of cutting edge marketing, design concepts and user experience
• Ensure the execution of team deliverables and adapt team priorities based on changing needs
WHO YOU ARE:
• Post-Secondary Degree in graphic arts program
• 6-9 Years of experience in Art Direction in a marketing/advertising agency or client services agency environment, including experience leading and managing people in a similar capacity
• Thorough knowledge of industry leading developments in integrated marketing programs
• Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CS6
• Industry leading conceptual, visualization and design skills
• Demonstrated skills in graphic design and brand development
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.